Monday 17 February 2014

Our Featured Star Champion... Fiona Duncan

Our featured star champion is ...

Fiona Duncan

Fiona is a para-cycling tandem pilot who has competed at the London 2012 Paralympics and won silver with Lora Turnham at the Para-Cycling Track World Championships in 2011. 
This year Fiona has been working with Kemnay Academy in Aberdeenshire and Northfield Academy in Aberdeen City. 

Fiona Duncan 1

Date of Birth: 30th December 1976
How and why did you get involved in your sport? I have always loved sport and have participated in netball, swimming, cross country running, athletics and going to the gym. My husband suggested I try cycling when I was 26 and I loved it!
Your first ever sporting success? Winning the three-legged race at sports day in Primary School with my friend.
What is your favourite moment in the history of all sport? There are so many amazing moments to choose from! I loved watching Bradley Wiggins become the first British Cyclist to win the Tour De France in 2012
Who has been your toughest opponent and why?  Myself, learning how to get the best out of myself has been my biggest challenge in sport.
Any phrase or saying which motivates you? Never ever give up!
 What is your advice for getting to the top: Set yourself big goals and work hard to achieve them
 What is your ultimate ambition? To be happy
 Three words that describe you: Passionate, Dedicated and Thoughtful 

No comments:

Post a Comment